CPSP International Training Program
CPSP International Scholarship Programme at University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB)
International Training Fellowships March 2020 APPLY ONLINE
- As part of the partnership with University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB), the President of CPSP is pleased to announce that the College has agreed clinical placements for CPSP Trainees and Fellows. CPSP has approved the training provided during these clinical placements as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development. .
- UHB is one of the largest university teaching hospital trusts in the UK and has an international reputation for postgraduate training in healthcare. The UHB International Fellowship Training Programme is a high-quality training programme. Trainees on this programme are supervised by a clinical supervisor with their training being overseen by an educational supervisor. It is these placements which the College has secured for CPSP Trainees and Fellows as part of its “brain gain not brain drain” policy.
- The College provides a stipend through its scholarship programme to Trainees and Fellows selected for these placements for the whole period of the fellowship (two years). Further information on this can be obtained from the College.
- In addition, the College has a Regional Director, based in Birmingham, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme
UHB / CPSP is pleased to offer training at UHB in the following disciplines for March 2020:
Junior Fellowships (IMM)
- 1. Acute and General Medicine
A Fellowship in Acute and General Medicine will require you to rotate through a number of sub-specialities of medicine, including acute medicine. These include, but are not limited to, Infectious Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Nephrology; Diabetes; Dermatology; Medical Oncology; and Haematology
- 2. Geriatric Medicine (Elderly Care)
- 3. Gastroenterology
- 4. Medical Oncology
- 5. Respiratory Medicine
- 6. Neonatal Medicine
- 7. General Paediatrics
- 8. Acute Paediatrics A structured 2 year Fellowship Programme with the opportunity to subspecialise. These will include Respiratory (including Cystic Fibrosis); Infectious Diseases and Immunology / Allergies; Diabetes and Endocrinology; and Epilepsy
- 9. Paediatric Surgery
- 10. Neurosurgery
- 11. Trauma and Orthopaedics
- 12. Urology
- 1. Acute and General Medicine A Fellowship in Acute and General Medicine will require you to rotate through a number of sub-specialities of medicine, including acute medicine. These include, but are not limited to, Infectious Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Nephrology; Diabetes; Dermatology; Medical Oncology; and Haematology
Senior Fellowships (FCPS)
- 1. Acute Medicine
- 2. Interventional Cardiology
- 3. Gastroenterology
- 4. Medical Oncology
- 5. Neurology
- 6. Respiratory Medicine
- 7. Diagnostic Radiology
- 8. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 9. Fetal Medicine
- 10. Critical Care (ICM)
- 11. General Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- 12. Neuro Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- 13. Liver Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- 14. Colorectal Surgery
- 15. Breast Surgery
- 16. Renal Surgery
- 17. Cardiac Surgery
- 18. Neurosurgery
- 19. Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- 20. Hand and Upper Limb Surgery
- 21. Urology
- 22. Vascular Surgery
- 23. Neonatal Medicine
- 24. General Paediatrics
- 25. Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- 26. Paediatric Cardiology
- 27. Paediatric Liver Surgery
Applications are invited from Trainees and Fellows for these training positions. Trainees must have completed the IMM module and meet the English Language criteria set by the General Medical Council.APPLY ONLINE
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- UHB will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS or OET testing systems.
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates from all CPSP fellowship programs are eligible to apply.
Please refer to the table below for the minimum levels in each of the tests that are accepted by the UHB:
IELTS Minimum Score Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Writing 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 OET Minimum Score Listening B Reading B Writing B Speaking B Overall B
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information.
- Candidates must have their successful IMM.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College.
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the College.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional centres at Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi during the week commencing 21 October 2019
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the College and UHB that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by Sunday 29th September 2019
- All applications MUST be full, completed and submitted online to the College using the UHB application form.