CPSP International Training Program
Ensuring the highest quality standards of medical practice in Pakistan is at the heart of the vision of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan. Training, continuous professional development, audit and evidence based medicine are fundamental to the achievement of this aim.
CPSP believes that international exposure of a doctor during his/her postgraduate training will help deliver this vision. Many fellows and senior fellows have benefitted from the training they have received abroad and have formed life-long relationships.
The CPSP has therefore established a number of training positions at Russels Hall Hospital both a junior and senior level in order to give all eligible trainees and fellows an opportunity to train in an international environment.
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust is running an innovative International Fellowship programme at Junior and Senior level on a fixed-term basis for 2 years.
The programme is designed to allow doctors to continue to develop a wide range of skills and competencies with an emphasis on the generic skills required for good medical practice and management of the acutely ill patient. The programme is varied with the intention of allowing candidates to gain experience in a wide range of specialties and be ready to progress to the next stage of their career.
These positions are funded by CPSP through a scholarship programme.
Specialties for Senior Fellows
- Critical Care
- Clinical Haematology
- Acute Medicine
- Diabetes / Endocrinology
Specialties for Junior Fellows
- Emergency Medicine
- Acute Medicine
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College.
- Senior Fellows: FCPS + IELTS
- Junior Fellows: IMM + IELTS
- IELTS: (at least 7.0 in each testing area, and an overall score of 7.5)
- Those candidates who do not possess IELTS are suggested not to apply for this program.
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the college. The college may seek additional information.
- Applications to be submitted online Apply Online
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the college.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional Center(s).
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training.