CPSP International Scholarship Programme
CPSP International Scholarship Programme at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT)
International Training Fellowships July 2020 APPLY ONLINE
- As part of the partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, the President of CPSP is pleased to announce that the College has agreed clinical placements for CPSP Trainees and Fellows. Leeds provides an excellent environment to further develop clinical skills and leadership qualities the scholarship is underpinned by on-going supportive pastoral care. CPSP has approved the training provided during these clinical placements as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development.
- LTHT is a regional and national centre for specialist treatment, world renowned for research and clinical trials and also the local hospital for the city of Leeds. We provide all specialist services except cardio-thoracic transplantation.
- We are one of the largest hospitals in Europe and employ almost 2% of England’s entire NHS staff in Leeds alone. Our Success is down to the value we place on our staff; all new members will complete a comprehensive Trust and local induction to the hospital and their respective departments and be provided with on-going local support from your own Educational supervisor in conjunction with the CPSP. Structured training will be provided for 2 years and will be recognised for training by the CPSP. As such you will be joining a dynamic and multicultural trainee body, working alongside local and other international trainees.
- The city of Leeds is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. With a thriving economy, excellent road, rail and air connections, Leeds is the UK’s second largest financial centre and is home to many different communities so we are confident you will soon feel at home here. To find out more about Leeds please visit https://www.visitleeds.co.uk
- The college will provide a stipend through its scholarship programme to Trainees and Fellows selected for these placement for the whole period of the fellowship (2 years). Further information can be obtained from the College.
LTHT is proud to offer scholarship for both senior and junior fellow in the following areas
For Junior Fellows
- 1. Emergency Medicine
- 2. Cardiology
- 3. General Paediatrics
- 4. Paediatric Surgery
- 5. Thoracic Surgery
For Senior Fellows
- 1. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 2. Plastic Surgery
- 3. Vascular Surgery
- 4. Cardiac Surgery
- 5. Anaesthesia
- 6. Neuro Spines
- 7. Neuro Stroke
- 8. ENT
- 9. Ophthalmology
- 10. Oncology (Breast/Endocrine surgery)
- 11. Paediatric Surgery
- 12. Thoracic Surgery
General Eligibility Requirements
- All applicants must have completed as a minimum;
Junior Fellows FCPS (or equivalent) Part 1 Intermediate Module (IMM) is mandatory Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent 3 years post House Officer level Senior Fellows Full FCPS status (IMM & FCPS Parts 1 & 2) 4+ years experience in the specialty you are applying to Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent
- In order to take up a scholarship you must have passed either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) OR The Occupational English Test (OET), and your IELTS / OET certificate must show:
Please refer to the table below for the minimum levels in each of the tests that are accepted by the LTHT:
IELTS Minimum Score Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Writing 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 OET Minimum Score Listening B Reading B Writing B Speaking B Overall B
- Both the IELTS and OET certificates are valid for 2 years and must be valid at the time you apply for your GMC registration.
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is a GMC Approved Sponsoring Body for this scheme and will sponsor the applicants GMC registration.
Please note that if you don’t have Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent, you can register/enroll yourself from ASD (Advanced Skill Department) of CPSP and attach the registration/enrollment receipt along with your Online Application Form.
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by Saturday 14th December 2019
- All applications MUST be full, completed and submitted online to the College using the LTHT application form. APPLY ONLINE
NOTE: IT IS REGRETTED THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED.
NOTE : For Junior Fellowship it is mandatory to apply after IMM and for Senior Fellowship it is mandatory to apply after FCPS. Candidates should not have a gap in their employment history and serving in Pakistan for atleast one year.
- Interview date will be announced later.
- For more information on our hospitals please visit https://jobs.leedsth.nhs.uk/