The Research evaluation unit is a specialized unit created by the College of Physician and Surgeons Pakistan to promote the culture of research and assist the postgraduate trainees of the college to systematically conduct efficient research.The unit is headed by a Qualified Epidemiologist and has representative staff at regional centers of CPSP thru out Pakistan.The unit’s core responsibilities include :
- Timely and Comprehensive Evaluation of Research Protocols.
- Assessment of Dissertations.
- Provision of research Advisory to trainee and trainers, so as to facilitate the writing of quality protocol.
- Evaluation and up gradation /revision of research related teaching material for trainees and trainers.
The Research Evaluation unit furthermore serves as a resource centre for:
- Provision of training and guidance to all Research personals associated with CPSP, thru out Pakistan.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Standardization and quality assurance in evaluation of protocols and conduct of research Workshops through out Pakistan.
- Induction and training of all research workshop facilitators thru out Pakistan.