Healthcare System Management - HCSM
Department of Medical Education (DME) at the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSP) was established in 1979 in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO). In the same year, the Government of Pakistan designated it as “National Teachers Training Centre”. In 1996, WHO designated it as “WHO Collaborating Centre for Training in Research and Educational Development of Health Personnel” for the Eastern Mediterranean Region. DME is geared towards capacity building of health providers and supporting CPSP in the development of relevant and effective training program and examination system.
In past, DME-CPSP, has been offering a diploma program in Healthcare Systems Management since 2004. CPSP is pleased to announce the up gradation of program into Membership and opening of admissions for the year 2015-2016, Post-graduate Membership Program in Healthcare Systems Management (MCPS-HCSM).
The program has been designed for candidates, interested in pursuing their career in Healthcare Management.
It is geared towards those, working in public or private healthcare organizations; such as teaching institutes, hospitals, community based organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations.
It will help students to become agents of social change, besides becoming effective leaders and managers of healthcare delivery.
Students will be able to practically apply the learnings in their workset up.
- Recognized by PMDC.
- Highly Trained Faculty.
- Blend of interactive and supervised learning.
- Application in managing any public or private sector of healthcare organization.
The curriculum follows the principles of adult learning. This enables the participants to activate current knowledge and assimilate new information presented in a structured format for on-the-job application.
- It is a combination of contact sessions and supervised learning.
- The strategies adopted in the program, encourage critical thinking, analytical skills and application of knowledge.
- The course is developed in the context of current management issues faced by healthcare professionals and provides opportunity for practical application of concepts in real life situations.
- During the contact sessions, opportunities are provided to enhance learning through various methods such as plenary, group discussions, case studies, resource sessions, panel discussions and field visits.
- The education material focuses on research, education, and systems; to be followed by their training at the work place.
- Enable the students to learn the fundamentals of research.
- Focus on the areas relevant to healthcare management, policy, practice and education.
- To qualify, printable research article will be required.
- Enable the students to be well educated on different dimensions of healthcare management.
- Focus on health policy, planning and management of health programs in health services activities.
- Enable the students to learn Healthcare System.
- Focus on the Healthcare Systems through structured learning.
- Training And Development
- Enable the students to apply their learning in their practical setting.
- To qualify, a written report on the practical application of the principles learnt.
- Analyze the contemporary healthcare systems.
- Use scientific and evidence based approach, for provision of quality healthcare, which is efficient and cost-effective.
- Apply epidemiological and statistical concepts, for better planning and management of health related issues.
- Apply principles of financial management, to allocation of resources, priority setting and decision making.
- Demonstrate use of health information systems and technology, in effective management of healthcare organization.
- Market healthcare services, focusing on consumer behavior and needs.
- Apply concepts of human resource management, to optimize performance.
- Effectively manage healthcare systems at different levels of care, to achieve organizational goal and objectives.
- Career advancement of the participants.
- Capacity building of the healthcare teams within the setting of the participants.
- Medical and Dental Graduates with at least two yearspost-graduation experience in healthcare are eligible to apply.
- Those who have already completed their DCPS-HCSM in past.
- Experience of working in a managerial position.
- Post-graduate qualification in related field.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The “REST” approach, –an indigenous method is being inducted for teaching purposes.
After successful completion of program, the participants will be able to:
The two year program is divided into 2 halves of 3 semesters each. In each semester of first half, the participants will be required to attend contact sessions for the duration of one month at CPSP, Karachi. In the second half, there will be contact sessions only in the first two semesters. In the sixth semester, there will be no contact session and the time will be spend towards finalization of research paper and its publication. The schedule will be communicated later.
Classes during the contact sessions will be conducted from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday or extended on Sundays.
The applicants will be selected on the basis of details provided in the application form, admission test and interview.
Preference will be given to those who have
Course Fee Structure
|Fee structure MCPS-HCSM Total Six Semesters|
|Pakistani Candidates||International Candidates|
|Processing Fee||Rs. 5,000||US $ 100|
|Tuition Fee (For 1 credit hour)||Rs. 6,000||US $ 120|
|Tuition Fee (For 50 credit hour)||Rs. 300,000||US $ 6000|
|RTMC Reg. Fee||Rs.10,000||US $ 200|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 20,000||US $ 400|
|Degree Fee||Rs. 10,000||US $ 200|
|Total Amount||Rs. 345,000||US $ 7,020|
The security deposit is refundable and has to be paid prior to the commencement of the program. However, in case of dropout during the course, the security deposit will not be refunded.
Additional charges will apply for books, reading material, library, photocopying, printing, accommodation etc.
Application form can be obtained from the Department of Medical Education (DME), CPSP Karachi or any of the Regional Centres.
All enquiries should be directed to
Assistant Program Coordinator-HCSM
Department of Medical Education
College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
7th Central street, D.H.A. Phase - ll, Karachi-75500.
Tel: CPSP +92 21-99207100-10, DME +92 21-99266426-99266437
Email: email@example.com Website: www.cpsp.edu.pk