Directorate of National Residency Program | DNRP
Prof. Zafar Ullah Chaudhry
College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
I am pleased to extend this message for the Directorate of National Residency Program, the launching of the National Residency Program of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. National Residency Program was envisioned by the College Council in 2008.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan is now advocating a completely Structured, CPSP Competency Based, Residency Program.
The five aspects of National Residency Program are:
- Induction is done twice in a year in January and July. The eligibility criteria for induction in the Residency Program is to pass FCPS Part-I or granted exemption.
- Curriculum is Competency / Outcome Based and follow the well acclaimed Competency model of CPSP
- Training which includes Core, Rotational and Speciality training along with the clinical research and workshops.
- Monitoring of Residency Program is done through e-log which is the assential tool for monitoring.
- Evaluation of residents is done to achieve the goal and objective of the Program through Summative and Formative Assessments. Performance evaluation of Residents, Supervisors and Institutions through Accreditation & Re-Accreditation Criteria.