- The GMC requires (and only accepts) the IELTS Academic test.
- Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests (Academic and General Training), but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing components differs for each test. So you need to apply for IELTS Academic to get the GMC Registration.
- You can appear for Academic version of the test for either Regular IELTS or UKVI IELTS but you need to have all four components Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing for GMC registration.
- To register for the regular IELTS please visit CPSP local offices where registration facility is available or alternatively you can register online link here. To identify yourself as CPSP candidate please mention CPSP in the field “Where are you currently studying English?” in the IELTS registration form.
- To register for UKVI IELTS please visit the website link here. To identify yourself as CPSP candidate please mention CPSP in the field “Agent Name?” in the IELTS registration form.
- CPSP has an understanding with the British Council to facilitate CPSP candidates on priority for registration and any queries. Please contact CPSP local office representatives for any queries that need to be discussed with the British Council.
For further information related to IELTS please visit the following website;
- For preparation support provided by the British Council for IELTS test takers that can be provided to the members.