Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
For Junior Fellowships (IMM) & Senior Fellowships (FCPS)
Train and work in the UK’s City of Culture at a large University Teaching hospital
Following a recent review of the training opportunities available at Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust (HEY), the President of CPSP is delighted to announce that the College has agreed a number of clinical placements for CPSP trainees and Fellows. CPSP has approved these clinical placements and the training provided as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development.
From the day you arrive you will join HEY’s team of remarkable people, committed to your continued enjoyment and growth. The Trust is located in the vibrant city of Hull, which is a great place to live and work, and was nominated the UK’s City of Culture for 2017-2021. Hull was recently rated by Rough Guide as one of the top ten tourist destinations in the world. A hub for music festivals, nightlife, restaurants, theatres and bars, with world class visitor attractions and famous sports teams, this is a great and affordable place to work, play, live and unwind.
HEY is a large University Teaching Trust in the UK and has an international reputation for postgraduate training in healthcare. The HEY International Fellowship Programme is a high quality training programme and trainees on these clinical placements are supervised by a clinical supervisor and their training is overseen by an educational supervisor.
HEY will directly employ the students for the 2 year training scholarship so individuals will access all the same benefits of a UK Doctor. In addition, the College has a UK Director that covers Hull, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme.
In conjunction with CPSP’s innovative scholarship programme, HEY is delighted to offer training in the following areas for March 2019.
- Paediatrics and Neonates
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- General Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric and Neonates
- Plastic Surgery
- Accident Emergency
Applications are invited from trainees and Fellows for these training positions. Trainees must have completed the IMM module.
All applicants must meet the English Language criteria set by the General Medical Council.
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by 10th January 2019
- All applications MUST be fully completed and submitted online to the College using the HEY application form
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- HEY will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS or OET eligibility and application process
- Candidates from all CPSP fellowship programs are eligible to apply
- Consideration will only be given to trainees who have been successful in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to a level that will allow registration with the GMC e.g. at least 7.0 in each testing area (speaking, listening, reading and writing), and an overall score of 7.5, or at least Grade B OET
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the College
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the College and HEY that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training
Further information on the application process can be obtained from the College
The candidates are strictly advised not to directly communicate with HEY until and unless they are selected for this scholarship programme. Violation of the said instructions will result in disqualification of their selection.
For any assistance/help you can contact Ms. Noureen Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org and also contact at 021-99266433.